TsunamiClear is an open-source tool for community leadership in emergency management to help develop and self-sustain tsunami evacuation maps intended for the public. The guidelines and tools provided on this site will help you assess your current evacuation information, ensure a cohesive visual identity specific to tsunami evacuation, and address your communication needs endorsed by the State of California.
The purpose of TsunamiClear:
· to convey the importance of distributing precise emergency evacuation maps.
· to empower city infrastructure and management to feel comfortable implementing TsunamiClear.
· to encourage accurate cognitive recall of tsunami evacuation information for residents, tourists, students, commuters, and employees in tsunami risk cities.
· to educate emergency management on the benefits of data-supported design principles when developing and visualizing content for the public.
· to create and distribute tsunami evacuation and preparedness information that is coherent, cohesive, and memorable.
Guidelines and tools include:
· Step-by-step sejrgsibheirbe
· Software/Coding to convert mapping from GIS to TsunamiClear
The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (CalOES), U.S. Department of Commerce National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and California Geological Survey (CGS) has endorsed the approach of TsuanmiClear.